Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baja Cantina

Baja Cantina is Carmel's hot spot for authentic Mexican food and great margaritas. this is one of my three favorite spots in the area for Mexican cuisine.  My other favorites are Club Jalapeno in Carmel and Peppers in Pacific Grove.   At Baja, you can choose from a variety of menu items like the gourmet enchiladas, Baja burritos, or the flaming fajitas, just to name a few.  I usually get the combination plate where you can choose from 2-4 different items however, my favorite is the "Cabo San Lucas" enchiladas stuffed with sauteed spinach and mouth watering large shrimp topped with a roasted garlic cream sauce and jack cheese.   Not in the mood for Mexican food?  Then try the certified aged Angus New York Steak or the Santa Fe 16 ounce rib-eye.   Baja also has a weekly Lobster special cooked to order.  Service is always friendly and generally efficient. However, if you dine when it's busy service can occasionally get a bit slow due to the high volume.  A good excuse to grab a margarita, relax and enjoy the festive atmosphere.  I have ordered food to go from Baja a couple times but for some reason it didn't quite translate to what I usually get while dining at the restaurant in terms of portion and quality.  that's a small sample size so I might give it another try when I feel like dining in.





 


Baja Cantina & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment