Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Wagon Wheel

The Wagon Wheel is a charming country-style restaurant tucked away in the Valley Hills Shopping Center about 3 miles east of highway 1 on Carmel Valley Road. This casual restaurant serves classic breakfast and lunch items including omelets, authentic biscuits and gravy, lluevos rancheros, sandwiches and hamburgers, just to name a few.  I usually stick with the standard eggs over easy, served with bacon, home-style potatoes and toast.  However, I did try the Eggs Benedict on our last visit and in my opinion it was lacking the buttery/tangy quality I enjoy with hollandaise sauce.  This isn't to say that it wasn't good and many others might prefer it prepared less tangy, but it just wasn't for me.  I will definitely be back but just might stick with the classic home-style dishes.   If you're looking for a hearty home-style meal in a fun (non-tourist) local atmosphere, then the Wagon Wheel is the place for you.


Wagon Wheel Coffee Shop on Urbanspoon







No comments:

Post a Comment